Sunday, February 7, 2010

WOW!!!

I have to laugh because so often I say "God works in mysterious ways" and I think God chose this week to show me that He may not always be "mysterious!" This week I got to see God move in not so mysterious ways...actually in some pretty concrete ways and I have to say although it bordered on a bit scary for me, I'm in awe that the God of the universe is willing to communicate with me.

This week the MCCC staff & I were at a conference called Next Leadership at Savannah Christian Church. It was an amazing conference but there are 5 events that just leave me smiling the biggest smile inside. The first 3 are very similar. I went to three workshops and all three of them took a kernel of a ministry vision that I had in my mind and showed me how it could look in it's fruition. It was so exciting. The really wild thing was listening to the workshop leaders use exact words and phrases that I would have used. Way cool. The 4th thing was a prayer time during one of the workshops where I think God directly gave me an answer to a concern of mine. The workshop leader was relaying a story that so could have been me (I know it wasn't because the workshop leader has never met me) and in the process of the story relayed his response to an issue and it was exactly what I needed to hear at that moment...in the exact words and phrases that I would have used if I was communicating the response to someone else. The last one was getting to see a rock climbing wall and recreational center that they had in their youth building...WOW, it can be done.

The other thing that happened during this trip was getting to connect with two of my college professors, one of which I hadn't seen in 20 years. It was so AWESOME getting to reconnect with them and just hang out with them but the most incredible thing was getting to listen to their stories and seeing how God was using them so incredibly to change the world and in doing that he was utilizing the "junk" that had occurred in their worlds. It was so cool to see even more evidence that even when we make really stupid choices or bad things happen, if we reconnect with God, He can use even those BIG ick moments to teach us stuff that can help further His Kingdom. AWESOME!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment