Monday, January 11, 2010

Seize the day!

I'm learning more and more that what I do in my world is all up to me. I can make or break my happiness by my outlook on the world. I firmly believe that God is in control but thanks to free will he leaves my reactions to the world round me up to me. One of my favorite books is "Man's Search For Meaning" by Victor Frankl. His whole essence is that every moment has meaning and it is all in what we do with that. Life may send crappy junk our way but it is our choice if we are going to become a victim of our circumstances or are we going to use it to grow more into the person God designed us to be. Life goes on even when the worst things happen and we have to decide what we are going to do with that. Grief, sadness and disappointment will be a part of our life experience and we must allow ourselves to feel those emotions...if we stuff them, bad things will happen. However, bitterness, disillusionment and dissatisfaction are all choices. The past cannot be changed but we have control on how we let it affect us. Seize the day! Grow into who you are designed to be and don't let the past stop you from doing that. I am learning it's well worth it!! One of my favorite quotes of all times is from Carl Bard and says “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

No comments:

Post a Comment