Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm learning about me!

The older I get, the more and more I am learning about myself. My recent revelation has been, I love adventure and challenge. I am definitely not a competitive person in any realm, but I guess I like self competition and the challenge of improving on what I am doing. It's not a perfectionism thing. I am definitely not good at some of the things that I am enjoying challenging myself on. My most recent adventure has been thinking about doing the Morgan's Triathlon in June. My goal is not to win, my goal is just to complete the event before the sun goes down and they want to close the event. As a part of this, I've been teaching myself to run. At this point its still a very awkward jog, but I still love the aspect of pushing myself just a little bit farther or getting a little bit better. I've noticed that about myself with my other "adventures." With hiking and backpacking, I may always be the last one down the trail and I probably won't ever be really coordinated, but the more I grow my skills the happier I am. I realized that was what my relationship with Jesus is like. I will never be all of what God designed me to be...that's the unfortunate thing about humanness, but the challenge becomes to get a little bit better with each adventure...or in my case each day!!!

1 comment: