Tuesday, October 20, 2009

it ain't survival of the fittest!!!

So, on Sunday I went to a survival type class and learned that I am not called to be a survivalist!! If I get stranded...let's hope I have a phone signal!! At this seminar I did learn some really cool stuff that I could use if I need to but my favorite thing was a quote made by the instructor. He said something to the effect of "those that survive are the ones that set their mind to survive and do everything possible to make it happen." What a great life lesson that is! That applies to so many facets of life. No matter what is going on in your world, if you set your mind to making it through it, you can survive anything! We have tools but attitude determines if we are going to utilize the tools. I love all the cliches that reinforce that, too! "Fake it until you make it," "Mind over matter" and so on. With God's help we can make it through anything, we just have to focus on being a survivor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment