Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's been a great summer

The summer of 2009 may go down as one of my favorite ever. It was fantastic, not because of specific event, but due to the convergence of so many cool things. First off, I had some great classes this summer. I had a class about Counseling Adolescents, a technology class, a curriculum development class and a grants writing class. They all had an element of "Providence" to them. It was funny b/c I was taking the curriculum development class and the technology class just because they are requirements for my Ed.D. but they ended up bringing such necessary information to me. The curriculum development class had a lot of info about how people learn and are engaged in the learning process and gave me such great resources for both of my jobs. At the tail end of my technology class I found out I'd be teaching an online class at CCU. Interestingly enough one of the elements we learned in that class was a Learning Management System called Moodle. The online class that I am teaching utilizes Moodle. How cool is that. The next cool element of my summer was CT09. It was so cool seeing the people of Mt. Carmel working together to impact our community. What an amazing experience! After that I got my pink kayak, which as everyone knows excites me to no end. I've also had great "outings" this summer. I've gotten to kayak, canoe, hike, zumba and hang out with amazing friends. I got to go on a vacation to Orlando and hang out with friends I've known for almost 30 years and do some really cool stuff with them (pictures posted on Facebook). Now as summer ends and I have all my happy memories, I am getting excited about the opportunities that the Fall is presenting. I'm going to be teaching 2 new classes that really interest me. One of them is the online class so that will be a whole new adventure. I get to do clinical supervision with another Practicum student which is just such a cool opportunity. At the church we have several new projects starting. I love to see God working through the people at MCCC. That is just amazing. I will be taking 3 classes, all of which really interest me. I'll be taking "Transformational Leadership," "Nonprofit Strategic Planning" and "Nonprofit Law." You know, the summer was great, but I'm thinking the Fall is going to be even greater! I look forward to the opportunities and experiences that this new season holds!!! Yay for God and his orchestrating such wonderful thinks in their perfectly right time!

No comments:

Post a Comment