Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm being learned good!

So I just finished a week of class. The class was amazing. It was called "Counseling Adolescents." We talked a lot about how teens need a strong, consistent adult in their life. We watched a DVD series from FrontLine about two boys growing up in Poverty in an Appalachian community. One boy had adults who cared about him in his life, the other did not and it made an amazing difference. It reminded me so much of why I do what I do. It also encouraged me and infused me with new excitement about the path that God has me on. We also visited a place in Cleves called Bloc Ministries. They are an after school place for the kids in Cleves that was started by a husband and wife. They are impacting these kids and the community in amazing and incredible ways. Once again showing the impact that a caring adult can have in a kids life. Such cool stuff.

The other class I'm taking has me reading about the importance of lifelong learning and how we stagnate if we aren't involved in some type of active learning. I'm reading research how it is almost essential for survival for seniors. Interesting stuff.

I am so blessed by the learning opportunities that God has allowed me to participate in over the last few years. Cool stuff. Life is good and God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment